About the role:
Hexjam is an online youth lifestyle publisher. Our content is consumed by millions of 18-24s each month across the web, email and social media. We are looking for an entrepreneurial Editor to grow our audience by influencing all aspects of the product. This person can see the huge growth potential of Hexjam, is in touch with our audience and the channels through which they consume our content, and above all is hungry to make their mark in a start-up environment.
Hexjam is part of The Beans Group, the pioneering youth media and technology company that was recently named Digital Business of the Year.
- Define and drive a content strategy to grow our audience across all relevant web and social channels
- Manage and grow current team of seven staff writers and visual designers
- Support our commercial team to maximise display and sponsorship revenue streams
- Entrepreneurial mindset, highly adaptable and data driven
- Confident leader and manager
- Understands 18-24s and in touch with popular culture
- Social media savvy
- Commercially aware
Qualifications / experience
- 5+ years journalism experience
- 2+ years experience growing and managing a team of staff writers
To apply, click 'Apply now'.
The Beans Group is a media company that exists to empower young people to thrive. We have been on an exciting journey since our inception as studentbeans.com in 2005 and recently we won Digital Business of the Year. The Beans Group consists of 3 business units: Student Beans (a student marketing platform), Hexjam (an online youth lifestyle publisher) and Voxburner (an events and youth insights consultancy).