Boat International Magazine, Junior Picture Editor
Boat International Magazine are seeking a talented Junior Picture Editor who is ready to develop their existing skills by working with senior creative staff on a luxury yachting lifestyle title. Responsible for helping to drive the creative direction of magazine, an interest in luxury magazines is essential. The successful applicant will assist the Picture Director in monitoring the daily workflow of a busy picture desk as well as assisting in the production of photo shoots. They will be enthusiastic, organized and will have a passion for photography.
Communication is a big part of the job, so the Junior Picture Editor must feel confident enough to contribute to the entire creative process and communicate with picture agencies, contributors and the Boat International team. Keeping a finger on the pulse of current trends is also key as is the ability to think creatively and meet deadlines.
The Junior Picture Editor will be Mac literate and will have experience in using Photoshop.
You will be responsible for:
- Processing and editing images to Boat International’s standards
- Offering input to creative meetings and sharing ideas
- Picture research
- Assisting the art department in the flow of proofs to and from the repro house
- Product call-ins
- Communicating with senior team members to receive feedback and liaising effectively with other departments at Boat International Media
- Supporting the art department team throughout the execution of the monthly magazine and in the production of photo shoots
- Helping maintain the Picture Department cost tracker and being aware of the magazine budget
- Informing picture agencies on monthly usage and monitoring invoices
People who thrive at Boat International Media (www.boatinternational.com) are smart, ambitious and committed. In addition to a highly competitive salary (up to £18K) we offer a comprehensive benefits package too.
Interested? Then please submit your CV and cover letter explaining why you’re the right fit for the role, by clicking 'Apply now'.