The Independent, SEO Executive
The Independent is adding this key editorial role to its SEO team to deliver its award-winning journalism to an audience that is growing in the UK and around the world.
- Work as part of the editorial team to ensure all staff are following SEO best practice.
- Provide training to groups of Reporters.
- Collaborate on content strategy to alert editorial team to subjects with high traffic potential.
- Monitor news and trends across full spectrum of social networks and search engines.
- Competitor analysis: who leads the field on SEO - and how?
- Keep abreast of developments in the field and advise on potential positives and pitfalls.
- Work on content daily to ensure maximum audience is reached.
- Flexibility of working hours required.
A strong candidate will be able to show an experience of optimising headlines and content within an editorial team, and will be familiar with a range of SEO and analytics tools including SiteCatalyst and Google Analytics.
Excellent communications skills, confidence and self-motivation will be key as the candidate will have to work effectively both in isolation and as part of a fast-paced team.
Ability to prioritise workload and an obsession with news are essential.
Please send an up to date CV and covering letter by clicking 'Apply now', by 27 July 2015.
If you haven't heard back from us by 15 August 2015, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.