Undercurrent News, Managing Editor
Undercurrent News, a leading daily business news site founded and run by journalists, is seeking a Managing Editor.
The successful candidate will report to the Editor-in-Chief and assist in running the day-to-day operations of our news site, which we founded in 2012 and we have since built into the leading news source for the seafood sector.
The candidate will be responsible for producing original stories and maintaining and overseeing our news website and newsletters, while managing and coordinating our team of Reporters and Editors in Europe and the US. The job will also involve international travel.
The candidate will work closely with the Editor-in-Chief and reporters on the news agenda, work schedules and story ideas. The role will involve original reporting, as well as aggregating and editing news and press releases for our newsletters.
Experience of a fast-paced daily business news environment is a must. Ideally, the successful candidate will have at least five years' experience of reporting and editing. Foreign languages would also be useful.
Our news is varied, ranging from breaking acquisitions; covering trade shifts and barriers; interviewing top industry figures; and producing commodity reports on seafood raw material supply and demand. Candidates need to demonstrate a solid understanding of business news and an ability to quickly grasp complex topics.
Our team is based on two continents so a team attitude combined with good organizational and management skills are key for this position.
- Managing and coordinating our team of Reporters and Editors, while reporting to the Editor-in-Chief
- Generating original stories daily
- Proofreading and editing articles
- Managing our website and overseeing and ensuring the smooth running of our daily newsletters and our breaking news
- Working closely with the team to coordinate the daily news agenda
- Building a network of industry sources and reporting
- Reporting from industry events around the world
- A university degree and/or a journalism qualification
- Strong organizational and team player skills, and/or experience of managing a team
- Solid understanding of business news and ability to quickly grasp complex topics
- Experience in business and/or trade reporting
- Comfortable with working in a digital environment and knowledge of social media
To apply, click 'Apply now'.