Harper’s Bazaar Arabia, Fashion & Beauty Assistant
ITP Consumer Publishing is looking for an ambitious and talented Fashion & Beauty Assistant to join the growing Harper’s Bazaar Arabia brand. You will be imaginative, bold and able to deliver high quality work in a pressured, deadline-driven environment. An integral part of a small team, you will work across all sections of the magazine, supplements and digital arm – from compiling shopping pages and conducting interviews to conceptualising, prepping and producing fashion editorials, often at very short notice, as well as providing creative and practical support to the team.
Alongside the Fashion & Beauty Director, you will be responsible for styling across the magazine and its brand extensions, working with models and real women, including personal style stories, ‘at home’ features, sponsored shoots and still-life products.
- To work closely with and offer support to the teams across the entire Bazaar brand portfolio, which includes, but is not limited to; ART, Interiors, Junior, Bride, Qatar, The Arabic Edition, Best Dressed and online.
- To produce beautiful, unique and engaging content across all magazines, from shopping pages and still-life product shoots to real women features and sponsored fashion shoots
- To develop excellent relationships with regional PRs to ensure HBA remains first in line for all news, exclusives and features.
- Source and manage stories and exclusive products relevant to the region each issue, keeping in mind our target audience.
- To oversee and train all interns to ensure they become a valued and an integral part of the team.
- Confidence to take the initiative and work with a small team and be prepared to work long hours, to reach tight editorial deadlines when needed.
- To constantly be on the search for new and inspiring women from the GCC to feature in our magazines to ensure that HBA leads and doesn’t follow.
- To respect the editorial integrity and international guidelines of the brands when producing content.
Additional skills required:
- Creative flair that continually produces unique and engaging features and shoots for readers.
- Structured and organised work management.
- A working knowledge of basic InDesign is preferable.
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain high attention to detail.
- Sensitivity to the specific requirements and cultural considerations presented by this region.
We are looking for someone who is extremely organised, can perform in a pressured environment, is proactive, self-motivated and capable of managing a heavy workload, whilst consistently bringing unique and creative ideas to the table, and able to see them from concept through to production to a high standard. Crucially, they must be flexible and have a can-do, positive attitude.
Reporting to the Fashion & Beauty Director, the Fashion & Beauty Assistant will work alongside Fashion & Beauty interns. Please be aware that whilst official hours are 9:00am-6:00pm, out of hours work is expected on occasion, making up for quieter periods.
This is a unique opportunity to work on one of the region’s most dynamic brands and truly make the Fashion & Beauty Assistant role an integral part of the magazine.
The final package will be determined based on level experience.
Please apply by clicking 'Apply now' by 10 August at 12pm, with a copy of your CV and a cover letter as to why you are the ideal candidate for the job.
The position is located at ITP Head Office, Dubai Media City.