Daily Mail, Senior Picture Editor
The Daily Mail is seeking an experienced and brilliantly creative Picture Editor to lead its Femail pictures team.
Successful candidates must have proven ability to organise eye-catching shoots and conduct in-depth picture research across a huge variety of subjects, from hard-edged news-driven features to sparkling fashion projects and clever celebrity projects, in a fast-paced environment. Previous experience in a senior picture editing role on a national paper, supplement or weekly magazine is essential.
- Commissioning and directing stylish, imaginative shoots, often on a tight deadline
- Liaising closely with Commissioning Editors and writers to ensure all angles of a story are supported by relevant, creative imagery
- Using in-house and external libraries to find that one stand-out picture amid the dross
- Devising clever, original picture-driven features for the daily and Saturday paper
- Managing departmental budget and staffing rotas
- Strong eye for detail and determination to demand highest standards on every project
- Strength of character to remain calm, cheerful and organised under pressure
- A bulging contacts book of first-class photographers, stylists and freelancers across the country
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and delegate to ensure all projects delivered on time
- Hunger to be part of a hard-working team behind Britain’s best and brightest women’s features
Full time, with willingness to work occasional Sunday shift. Salary, DoE.
Please send CV and brief covering letter to Tara Eude, by clicking 'Apply' below.