Which?, Deputy Editor - Technology and Cars
We’re searching for an outstanding individual to join Which? as Deputy Technology and Cars Editor.
This exciting and challenging role requires someone who knows their Acers from their Alfas, who is passionate about creating market-leading tech and cars content, and who has a great understanding of what matters most to consumers.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Head of Technology and Cars Content Strategy, and working day-to-day with a large team of expert journalists, the deputy editor will be responsible for commissioning and editing brilliant reviews, advice and investigative features for Which.co.uk, Which? magazine and our social channels.
This means understanding more than 30 different product and service areas, from superminis and superfast broadband to hybrids and DSLRs. You don’t need to be expert in them all, but you’ll need the creativity and confidence to plan the scope and angle of content that both meets the needs of our 1m+ subscribers and attracts new audiences.
You’ll also take responsibility for developing and driving the content strategies for several online categories, such as audio products and motoring advice, along with our popular blog, Which? Tech Daily. Integral to this is close collaboration with the Digital, Marketing and Press teams to create better customer experiences, promote our content and raise brand awareness.
What we’re looking for
- Proven editing and commissioning experience across online, print and video.
- Previous experience as a deputy, features or section editor on a major magazine or website would be advantageous.
- Exceptional writing skills and a great eye for detail – you’ll mainly be polishing copy, but you’ll need to provide constructive feedback to writers and be able to lead by example.
- Strong empathy for consumers of diverse age groups, interests and expertise levels, and the ability to initiate and craft engaging content for them.
- A passion for uncovering consumer detriment and working to improve consumers’ experiences of choosing, buying and using popular products and services.
- Excellent insight into consumer needs and desires, driven by a strong understanding of SEO, market intelligence and data analytics.
- A skilled communicator who is able to lead and inspire a large team, chair meetings, effectively manage multiple projects, deadlines and a busy diary.
- An ambitious, creative and confident individual.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, Microsoft Office and online content management systems.
If this sounds like you, please send your CV to Emily Woolley, by clicking 'Apply' by midnight on Wednesday 9 September.
Please include a covering note of no more than 500 words that describes why you would like to work for Which? and why you believe you are right for this challenging but rewarding role.