Hearst Magazines Digital, Senior Content Editor
Hearst Magazines Digital is searching for a Senior Editor to join the Content and Audience Development team, which is a new, high growth division focused on scaling our International brands. This position will create content for the global network of sites and work to support the editorial teams in every region.
The role will be creating and commissioning content to be used on international sites, as well as social platforms like Snapchat, Facebook and Youtube. As well as using excellent editorial instinct, this role will be responsible for making data driven decisions and taking a ‘test and learn’ approach to content strategy. Additionally, this role will contribute to the production of branded content.
Our team culture is fast paced, creative, data driven and results oriented. The creative campaigns are developed in line with insights and data to better serve our audience. The position works closely with the Insights team and directly reports to the Director of Content and Operations.
- Write, produce and edit content (articles, images, video and other viral content) to support international regional needs, partnership requirements and branded entertainment campaigns
- Work with Director of Content and Operations to commission content from digital producers, journalists, editors, writers and photographers across regions
- Curate and repurpose content from the archives and redistribute it to the global Hearst network.
- Support a culture of content sharing across the international regions
- Use social monitoring tools to identify content with the potential to go viral on a daily basis and notify the relevant regions about priority pieces for syndication
- Work with Director of Content and Operations to create new content ideas and formats focused on social media platforms
- Work closely with Insights teams reviewing market research, data analysis and audience behaviors to drive content production
- Apply SEO and social best practices when producing content and share this knowledge to help upskill regional editors where appropriate
- Support regional editors in day to day content needs and in the execution of large events like fashion weeks and Oscars, or Hearst owned events like the ELLE Style Awards
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Proven skills in digital content production experience
- Experience using multiple CMS platforms, confident troubleshooter, basic HTML familiarity
- Experience using Google Analytics and social analytics
- Deep familiarity with current digital content consumption behaviors.
- Demonstrated ability to grow social followings and a proven track record of data driven decision-making.
- A motivated team player with a flexible attitude and intense work ethic
- Superior organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously within a high velocity, deadline-driven work environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Role to be located in UK
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro and Avid editing systems, along with Photoshop
- Experience producing branded entertainment a plus
- Experience producing native social content a plus
- Experience working remotely with teams a plus
- Degree in journalism or content production, a plus
- Multiple languages, a plus
To apply, click 'Apply' now.