IBT Media, Night Editor
The Night Editor will be responsible for the content published on the UK site. As well as ensuring all breaking news is being covered, the role includes the coordination between Reporters in the UK, United States and Bangalore.
The role also includes the responsibility of subbing content, providing guidance and support to the team as well as writing your own articles for publication.
The responsibilities of the Night Editor include:
- Managing the resources of the night team to ensure all breaking news is covered
- Coordinating across different time zones
- Sub-Editing content
- contributing to the editorial content by writing your own articles and setting the standard of journalism across the newsroom
- working with the Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editor to prepare and execute the news agenda
- Ensuring a smooth handover of responsibilities between shifts
- ensuring the quality of the content is of the highest possible standard
- assisting your team in developing new stories whilst providing feedback
- the ability to analyse trends and use the information to focus the news agenda
- managing the day to day running of the team (e.g. Shift Management, Appraisals, Holidays)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree as a minimum
- Previous experience in a busy Editorial role for a reputable online organization
- Excellent knowledge across a broad range of current event issues
- The ability to delegate, make quick decisions and meet tight deadlines
- Previous experience of leading and managing a team of reporters
- Sound knowledge of Social Media strategy
- Good understanding of digital analytics
To apply, click 'Apply' now.