Telegraph Media Group, Weekend Sports News Editor
Telegraph Media Group is currently recruiting for a Weekend Sports News Editor to join our award-winning Sports team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Being a member of the news editing team reporting to Head of Sports News.
- Commissioning and editing content for digital and print.
- Managing the digital and print platforms to reflect the news agenda across the day or evening.
- Assisting the Print Editor with decisions over news stories.
- Speaking to reporters about stories as they develop.
- Generating exclusive news content.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working on a news editing desk in a fast moving editorially driven Sports department.
- Strong news sense and judgement and track record of generating exclusive content.
- Experience of commissioning and editing stories.
- Ability to respond well under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Broad knowledge of a wide variety of sport, particularly football, rugby union and cricket.
- An understanding of social media and data and experience of managing digital platforms.
Please note: This is a part-time role which requires weekend work.
To apply, click 'Apply' now.