Modern Investor, Reporter
Working at Citywire
Citywire provides news, information and insight for professional investors and advisers around the world. We publish our own news, analysis and unique fund manager performance information that helps our readers make the best decisions about where to place their clients’ money. And we do it all with a great deal of style. We create beautiful magazines and indispensable websites and we hold great events all around the world from Bangkok to Montevideo and many places in between.
We started out in 1999 and there are now around 200 of us – most of us in Vauxhall, London where we’re surrounded by nice pubs and green spaces and served by superb transport links. The rest of us are in fast- growing offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore, Milan and Munich. No matter which office you are in it’s a fun place to work. To get a better idea of what it’s like to work here from the people who already do, see our 'Working at Citywire' video above.
- You will be writing for our monthly Modern Investor magazine and website which champions the best investment ideas globally.
- Breaking the news that matters to institutional investors and writing compelling features whilst working to tight deadlines.
- You'll build and maintain a strong network of contacts who will go on record about their investing habits.
- You will cover a wide array of asset classes, including the latest trends in hedge funds, private equity infrastructure and traditional asset management.
What you'll need:
- You will have a good understanding of economics and passionate about building your knowledge in specialist investment areas.
- You will have at least one years' experience chasing news and breaking stories and educated to degree level or equivalent.
- You will be a team player and self-starter in equal measure.
- You will possess the creative skills to bring technical subjects to life.
What we offer you:
25 days holiday per annum (rising to 30 days after five years’ service) plus bank holidays, subsidised gym membership, Kiddivouchers, Ride2work scheme & season ticket loans. Freshly ground coffee, fresh organic fruit delivered daily, breakfast cereals and nuts to help yourself to. After two years continuous service you will also be entitled to private health and dental care insurance, critical illness and death in service cover.
To apply, click 'Apply' now.