TheWeek.co.uk, Production Editor
Dennis Publishing is one of the world's fastest-growing independently owned media companies and is currently one of the most innovative, successful and respected publishers in the world. We publish over 70 magazines, digital magazines, websites, apps and mobile sites in the UK (including The Week, Auto Express, PC Pro, Viz and Men’s Fitness) and The Week in the US.
At Dennis, our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our mission is to ensure that our staff express themselves in an environment where change and growth are celebrated and we believe every person here contributes to the future success of Dennis!
The Week magazine, first published in May 1995, makes sense of the week's news by distilling the best of the British and international media into 35 editorial pages. TheWeek.co.uk adapts that ethos for the web, digesting the most important stories of the day and setting them in their context.
Now, as The Week's online team expands, it is creating the role of Production Editor to maintain editorial standards and consistency across its digital platforms.
The successful candidates will be excellent Sub-Editor with an eye for detail, and the organisational skills to manage the flow of copy from Freelancers and Staff Writers, ensuring that it is edited to a high standard and published quickly
Core tasks will include:
- Sub-editing copy, photo captions and headlines
- Acting as the bridge between our website and apps, helping to repurpose stories from one platform for use on the other
- Ensuring consistency across our digital output, and maintaining the editorial standards established by The Week magazine.
- You will have a minimum of five years’ experience as a journalist, and will be able to demonstrate your sub-editing skills.
- Knowledge of search-engine optimisation techniques are an advantage but not essential – training will be provided.
So why work for Dennis Publishing?
We’re a hard-working bunch, but we definitely know how to let our hair down (and plant a few trees along the way!) We believe in rewarding employees both financially and through recognition and support every day!
- We have great employee benefits: 28 days paid holiday, interest free season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership and more.
- We know how to have fun. We host parties, birthday celebrations, summer BBQ’s, fancy dress parties, quiz’s, charity trips, battle of the band nights and more.
- Our HQ office is slap bang in the heart of London’s West End – situated parallel to Charlotte Street with its many bars and restaurants and five minutes from Soho and London’s media hub.
- We are owned by a charity - The Heart of England Forest which is literally at the heart of our business, we host monthly trips to the forest to help plant trees and take a break from the city!
- You’ll be working with passionate leaders. Game changers. Award-winners. Industry extraordinaires. But we’re also a social crowd who definitely like to spend downtime with each other at the end of the week.
We believe that culture is vital to a company’s success and in everything we do here at our London HQ; Cleveland Street. We are seeking someone exceptional that wants to join a sociable and passionate team who have a clear vision of what they want to achieve.
To apply, click 'Apply' now.