Zone, Deputy Editor
We’re offering a talented digital native the opportunity to shape brilliant digital consumer campaign content for a high-profile financial services client.
As Deputy Editor you’ll be responsible for the conception, creation and bringing to life of engaging brand communications for social media and website environments.
As well as knowing your retweets from your regrams, you’ll be a master of tone of voice, have experience of multi-channel content planning, influencer outreach and analysing campaign performance to optimise on-going strategy.
You’ll be passionate about keeping abreast of the latest digital content marketing trends and using your knowledge to inform and inspire innovative campaign ideas. In return, we’ll help the successful candidate broaden their digital creative skill set with exposure to complementary disciplines such as video, design and strategy.
This is in addition to a world-class training programme that empowers individuals to take responsibility for their own development. You’ll benefit from an array of development options such as attendance at conferences and in-house training sessions.
Voted The Drum’s 2014 Independent Agency of the Year and The Grocer’s 2015 Agency of the Year, we’re highly ambitious and you’ll share that trait, passionately pushing to deliver amazing work.
You’ll be based in our fantastic new office near Bristol Temple Meads station, and receive a competitive benefits package – not to mention free fruit, tea, coffee and toast!
- Work alongside the Client Creative Director to execute editorial strategy and maintain strong client relationships
- Conceive campaign and content ideas to meet clients’ communication objectives
- Create and commission multimedia content for clients’ websites and social media activities
- Maintain an appropriate editorial tone of voice for each brand and ensure the accuracy and high quality of all content Liaise with Zone staff, other client agencies and freelancers in the smooth production of content
- Utilise analytics tools to review performance of past content, gleaning learnings and insights to inform and optimise future content production
- Build key media and blogger relationships as required
- Help with the development of junior team members, such as writers and community managers, overseeing their creative output and coaching them in the establishment of tone of voice and execution of social media strategy
- Oversee and contribute to social media content calendars
- As required, contribute your expertise to other Zone client briefs and new business pitches
- You will have experience as an Editor or Writer/Content producer on established consumer/lifestyle websites
- Print or magazine publication writing experience is also welcome, provided you can demonstrate a clear understanding of writing for digital (e.g. a personal blog or active personal social media channels)
- You will be passionate about social media and be able to demonstrate experience, whether personal or professional, in off-site social media environments
- Experience with the financial services sector would be beneficial, but not as essential as having expertise in what makes a digital campaign fly
- You will be a self-starter, be confident in your own writing ability and understand how to tell stories through articles, videos, graphics and images
- Good communication skills and confidence in dealing with clients are essential
- Previous experience of content management applications and an understanding of SEO would be a plus
REPORTS TO: Client Creative Director
To apply, click 'Apply' now.