PC Mag UK, Contributing Editor
PC Mag, the world’s leading technology news and reviews site, is looking for an experienced tech journalist to contribute to the UK edition.
The vacancy is a full-time contractor role based in Ziff Davis’ London office.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified journalist, but more importantly be passionate about both writing and technology. It’s not just something you do for a living, it’s what gets you out of bed in the morning.
- Have previously worked as a tech writer at another professional publication.
- Be a master of the news process, preferably in the online space. You understand the importance of breaking a story, alongside accuracy and quality.
- Have deep knowledge across all areas of tech, especially mobile. Furthermore, you fully understand the differences between the UK and US markets and that will be reflected in what you produce for the site.
- Have great contacts and are well-respected by PRs and people you work with.
- Be au fait with PC Mag, both in the UK and the US, and know how the two sites differ.
- Be self-motivated and driven. You hate it when you’re beaten to a scoop, and do everything you can to make sure it doesn’t happen.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Writing 5+ news stories a day for the UK site.
- Curating the UK site, promoting the best of both local and international content.
- Repurposing US content to make it relevant to a local audience.
- Representing PC Mag at press conferences and events.
- Forging strong relationships with local tech contacts, as well as with international PC Mag teams.
- Working with sales on potential integrated campaigns.
Apply with your CV and links to examples of your work by clicking 'Apply' now.