Waters, European Staff Writer
Waters magazine and WatersTechnology.com (the group’s website), part of Incisive Media’s Incisive Insight division, is looking to appoint a London-based Staff Writer to produce online news and feature content for WatersTechnology and additional content for the monthly magazine, Waters.
Founded in 1993, Waters is a magazine specialising in the technology that underpins every aspect of financial institutions’ day-to-day operations. In essence, we focus on the various technologies available in the industry that allow capital markets participants (buy- and sell-side firms) to manage their trading operations, covering everything from decision support and compliance in the front office, through to risk, performance measurement and attribution in the middle office, and reporting and accounting in the back office.
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly editorial in multiple formats – news, news analysis, features and opinion.
- Attend industry events, especially WatersTechnology’s events and cover those events editorially.
- Develop contacts in the industry, including technology vendors, investment banks, asset management firms, regulators, and exchanges.
- Develop interviewing techniques and writing skills.
- Learn to use the Incisive Media CMS and publish stories online with the minimum of latency.
- Develop story ideas and share industry trends with team members, the events team and the sales team (when pertinent).
- Represent Incisive Media and WatersTechnology at industry events when necessary.
- Develop on-camera interviewing skills with the view to producing multimedia content for the WatersTechnology website.
- On-the-job training in copy writing, subediting, and headline writing will be available to the candidate should they require it.
- Financial journalism experience is ideal (preferably within the capital markets or fintech industries), although it is by no means essential.
- We are looking for someone who can work flexibly, responsibly, does not need micro-managing, can hit deadlines and manage their time effectively, and is keen to make their mark on what is a fascinating industry.
- A journalism degree and outstanding communication skills would be beneficial. The communication skills are essential; the degree is not.
What's on offer?
- Salary: Up to £24,000 per annum (DoE)
- Comprehensive benefits package including a contributory pension scheme
- A rewarding environment where success is recognised
- Excellent training and development programmes
- Fantastic location at the heart of London's West End
Click 'Apply' now.