MENA Region Website, Journalist-Editor (London)
You’re an experienced journalist, ready to become a member of a news reporting team. You can jump on breaking news and juggle your own enterprise projects while writing about events as they happen. You have a good understanding of the history and current developments across the Middle East and the North, and have an interest in learning more.
You’re hungry to bring a fact, a voice or a story to light that would otherwise go unheard, and you’re ready to join a news team where your ideas are heard and you have the freedom to develop them.
A London-based website featuring news, investigative reports, opinions, features and videos concerning the MENA region is looking for you to bring nuanced analysis and local voices to compliment mainstream media coverage of the area.
You will be:
- Writing and editing stories under tight deadlines
- Developing ideas for feature stories and writing them with style
- Promoting stories with success on social media
- Cultivating sources and contributors to increase the entire team’s knowledge and improve the website as a whole
You must have:
- Fluent Arabic and English (ability to conduct interviews, read news and watch TV with deep understanding in both languages)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven journalism experience working in a real-time news room
- Knowledge of the Middle East
- Ability to write and edit quickly and accurately and multi-task under pressure
Please send your CV with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role and detailing why you are interested in the job by completing the application form below by 12 May 2016.