IBTimes.co.uk, Business Reporter
Reporting to: Business Editor
Location: Canary Wharf, London
IBTimes.co.uk are in process of increasing our Business News coverage. To that end we are looking to hire a talented Business Reporter to bolster the desk, broaden our coverage and deliver quality business news to our growing audience.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in a Business reporting role for a digital news organisation.
The responsibilities of the Business Reporter include:
- Writing original content for publication on the IBTimes UK site.
- Working diligently to make sure articles are written and published as quickly as possible.
- Following the newsroom style-guide to ensure consistency of writing.
- Building a reliable network of contacts with which to source stories.
- Fact-checking your own work and making it as accurate as possible.
- Forward planning for known News events.
- Work as part of a team to make the news output as strong as possible.
- Making full use of social media to promote your stories and IBTimes UK as a whole.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience in a busy reporting role for a reputable online organisations.
- Good knowledge of SEO and online journalism.
- Excellent knowledge across a broad range of current event issues.
- Sound knowledge of Social Media Strategy.
Apply by completing the application form below.