Antiques Trade Gazette, News Reporter
ATG Media is the market leading portal and publisher for the art and antiques industry and its flagship publication, the Antiques Trade Gazette, seeks an ambitious news hound keen to unearth exclusives on the multi-billion pound global art and antiques business.
The task will be to produce exclusives for the title’s weekly newspaper and its sister website.
The role is a great opportunity for a digitally-savvy, ambitious reporter wanting to make a name for themselves in a vital part of the UK’s creative and arts sector.
The ideal candidate will be a reporter with at least two years’ experience at an equivalent trade title or local newspaper with a proven ability to deliver off-diary news and analysis.
An average day could involve real-time reporting from a Sotheby’s press conference, interviewing auction house chiefs and antique dealers about market trends and unearthing developments from the excellent contacts book you will create.
Experience of the art and antiques market is not a requirement, though an interest in the area would be a bonus.
The job offers a competitive salary, benefits and attractive offices in Southwark.
- Produce off- and on-diary news on a daily basis, publishing to our website and social feeds
- Write longer pieces for the weekly newspaper
- Create and nurture a red-hot industry contacts book spanning auctioneers, dealers and industry players
- Travel in the UK and internationally
- Strong writing skills, both for news and longer copy
- A news-hungry and proactive approach and proof of news-gathering ability
- Understanding of how to drive audience through social media and search engines
- Ability to build and manage a network of contacts
- Skills to produce quality content under time pressure
- Meticulous attention to detail
- An ability to juggle offline and digital tasks and keep to tight deadlines
- Communication skills in order to pitch ideas to the Editor and News Editor
Experience and skills that will give you an advantage
- A journalistic qualification, with knowledge of business reporting an added plus
- Interest in/knowledge of the art and antiques market
- Experience of using a CMS
- A foreign language
- competitive salary
- contributory pension
- 25 days’ holiday + two days at Christmas
- season ticket loan
- discounted gym membership
Please note that you must be permitted to work full time in the UK. Proof will be required.
Interested? Send your CV by completing the application form below.
About the Antiques Trade Gazette
The Antiques Trade Gazette burst on to the vibrant antiques and art scene in 1971 and hasn’t looked back. It is the publication of choice for art and antiques professionals and collectors around the world.
A sister brand to the market-leading auction platform the-saleroom.com, the Antiques Trade Gazette is developing its presence across all platforms, after a recent print refresh and launch of a new website.