Breaking News, Editor
Breaking News brings users the biggest breaking stores as they happen, 24 hours a day, on our apps and website. The team is made up of journalists and technologists who work in Seattle, New York, London and Los Angeles. Breaking News is a startup inside NBC News Digital and thrives on bringing journalism and technology together in new and innovative ways.
We are searching for a London-based Editor to join our team.
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV by completing the application form below.
- Monitor breaking news stories and update our feeds on the mobile app, website and social media accounts
- Write updates in AP and Breaking News style and within Breaking News standards
- Work with other editors to coordinate coverage as new stories break
- Must have at least three years’ editorial experience
- Experience as an editor for a digital news outlet
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Willingness to work at least one weekend shift a week
- Comfortable working in the social space to post and discover news
- Must be able to recognize significant international news
- Ability to work with minimum supervision during some shifts
- Strong ability to multi-task, and to quickly re-set priorities as news breaks
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through our careers site to be considered by completing the application form below.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news. Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice if needed.
- Must be willing to work in London.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United Kingdom.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong storytelling ability
- Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices.