Zinc Media, Editor - Director of Finance
Zinc Media is looking for a dynamic and ambitious Business Editor to take the helm of one of its flagship titles, Director of Finance.
You will have experience as a senior business editor focusing on the UK economy with a contacts book bursting with business leaders, finance directors, CFOs and industry experts.
You will be tasked with writing and commissioning content acorss print and digital products, getting under the skin of all the issues facing Finance Directors in the UK.
The Editor will be the key person to drive the magazine, website and events forward so must show great leadership qualities as well as an entrepreneurial and creative spark.
The right person for this job will have:
- news hungry
- a good nose for a story
- imaginative ways of producing engaging copy
- tons of ambition
- a minimum of three years experience on a business title
- NCTJ qualification or equivalent degree
Job role and responsibilities
- Forward features list and liaising with sales
- Manage Editors and Reporters
- Briefing in-house reporters and commissioning freelancers for print and digital
- Flat plan
- Editing and proofing print and digital – quality control
- Monitoring editorial diary
- Forward planning/strategizing content for big events/hot dates
- Overseeing production of magazines
- Attending conferences
- Creating and maintaining relationships with key associations and editorial advisory board
- Hosting round tables and speaking at events
If you think you are the right candidate for the role, please apply with your CV and a covering letter by completing the application form below.
Closing date 18 May 2016