Telegraph Media Group, Acting Beauty Editor
The Telegraph is looking for an Acting Beauty Editor for a 6 month maternity cover contract.
We are looking for an experienced writer and editor providing key support to the Beauty Director in creating content across all of the Telegraph’s output.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Reporting to the Beauty Director to help in delivering beauty strategy, including the website strategy and delivering new revenue opportunities in conjunction with the commercial team.
- Writing, commissioning and editing online beauty content to fulfil digital targets.
- Writing, commissioning and editing beauty content across all print platforms.
- Directing beauty shoots for Stella, ST and Luxury magazines where relevant.
- Contributing to the beauty presence across Telegraph social media channels.
- Liaising with the central video team to film and commission for video franchises where relevant.
- Liaising with PRs, developing external relationships, attending events and press days.
- Deputising for Beauty Director in their absence.
The successful candidate must have:
- Significant relevant experience of beauty writing in national publications.
- Excellent editing skills.
- Beauty shoot experience.
- An interest in and knowledge of key beauty events, brands, PR, writers, beauty photographers, bloggers and websites.
- Ability to adhere to quick and strict deadlines and work under pressure.
- Knowledge of content management systems and social media tools.
To apply, click 'Apply' now. Along with your application and CV, please supply the following three ideas for Beauty content:
- An idea for a Stella feature,
- An idea for digital publication
- An idea for publication in the newspaper.