Parent Zone, Senior Writer - Part Time
About Parent Zone
Parent Zone is the UK's leading organisation making the internet work for families.
We partner with global companies including Vodafone and Google to deliver ground breaking projects designed to help families enjoy technology while minimising the risks. Our membership programmes, training and events set new standards in supporting families in a digital age.
We are expanding our content team and looking for a part-time Senior Writer for our online and offline publications.
- As well as working on the Parent Zone website, researching and writing news stories, blogs and reviews, the successful candidate will also provide content for our other projects.
- These include ParentInfo.org, produced in conjunction with CEOP, which provides information for schools to run on their own websites on subjects such as cyberbullying, violent extremism and privacy controls for social media.
- We also publish Vodafone Digital Parenting magazine (over a million copies distributed in the last year), as well as supplying content about the internet and families for parents, teachers, social workers and police officers on behalf of a range of third parties, including many of the world's largest tech companies.
- The successful candidate will oversee our social media channels, increasing engagement, devising campaigns and communicating with our members and users.
- You will monitor our social media use, set targets and report back to the rest of the team on trends and new ideas in how better to communicate with our audience.
Skills and experience
- You will have a journalistic background, with web content experience. An interest in gaming would also be useful as part of the role will include reviewing the safety features of family apps and games. Experience of Drupal or similar CMS preferable.
- You will be happy to be part of a small team and comfortable working on several editorial projects at once.
- You will have a passion for good writing and accuracy and be able to provide interesting and attention-grabbing content relevant to families and professionals who work with parents.
- You will have an interest in parenting and the challenges facing families and young people in the digital age.
This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to develop an area of expertise dealing with some of the most interesting subjects facing families today.
It is a part time role, with the possibility of flexible working.
Please send a CV and covering letter to our Editor, Eleanor Levy by completing the application form below, together with a 500-word article examining one or more of the issues facing families in today’s digital world.