The Independent, eCommerce Writer / Content Producer
Who and what we are looking for:
The Independent (independent.co.uk) is looking for a talented writer and production whizz to work on the IndyBest desk, the shopping and product reviews section.
Candidates will have experience writing for a digital audience, and a knack for translating jargon and PR-ese to produce engaging copy on a diverse range of topics across food and drink, fashion and beauty, technology, interiors, sports and outdoors and books.
Equally important is strong SEO and production knowledge to ensure articles are optimised across the IndyBest channel, as well as a skill for growing social media platforms.
Other desirable skills, tasks and attributes:
- Experience in pitching, researching and writing clean, compelling and accurate copy
- Publishing on a web CMS and basic image editing in Photoshop
- Creating content as commissioned by the site editor and shaped by the content strategy
- Refreshing and republishing existing copy so it offers the best user experience and SEO
- Creating buying guides and other related content to help promote product categories or specific articles
- Creating content marketing copy and commercially funded content when required
- Support newsletter acquisition and production
- Curating content channels and product landing pages
- Experience with affiliate linking
- Experience in managing, contributing to and growing social media platforms.
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Close: Tuesday 31 May
Location: ESI Media 2 Derry Street, High Street Kensington
Please send your CV, covering letter, three examples of your work and salary expectations by completing the application form below.