We Love Pop, Staff Writer
The award-winning teen magazine We Love Pop is looking for a Staff Writer.
That’s pretty much like The Avengers looking for a new Hawkeye or something. Could you be the super hero we’re looking for?
As the face of the best girls’ magazine in the UK, you will have opportunities that most ambitious writers could only dream of. You will attend red carpet events, conduct celeb interviews, and basically be paid to have fun.
Egmont UK is part of the Egmont Group; Europe’s largest children’s publisher telling stories through books, magazines, film, TV, music, games and mobile in 30 countries throughout the world.
The Egmont Group is also the proud publishing partner of some of the world’s leading children’s character brands including, Disney, Winnie-the-Pooh, Star Wars, Minecraft, Tintin, Mr Men, Barbie, Thomas & Friends, Lego and Teletubbies to name a few!
The right applicant will:
- Live and breathe pop culture and keep up with all the latest trends.
- Have an endless supply of entertaining, fresh and fun feature ideas for the magazine and website and a breezy and chatty writing style.
- Be totally unfazed chatting to the likes of Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift and Joe Sugg. Know who Joe Sugg is? And Caspar Lee, Miranda Sings and all the YouTube fam?
- Keep our website up-to-date with buzzy, must-share content and have Snapchat, Insta and Twitter locked down.
- You will have had experience working on a national magazine or website, and have web experience and knowledge of CMS.
If you would like to join the exciting world of children’s publishing at Egmont, please download an application cover sheet from the 'Supporting documents' section below, and send your CV, cover letter, and 200 words explaining why vloggers are the saviours of our time or the downfall, by completing the application form below.
Or write to Recruitment, Egmont UK Limited, The Yellow Building, 1 Nicholas Rd, London, W11 4AN.
Please ensure you state clearly which position you are applying for.
Closing date for applications: 12 August 2016
Strictly No Agencies