Telegraph Media Group, Political Editor
Telegraph Media Group are currently recruiting for the position of Political Editor.
The Political Editor will lead the Telegraph Media Group’s highly-respected politics team, ensuring that we are breaking significant stories, and also shaping the wider political strategy and digital offering.
- Maintaining excellent political contacts and the ability to break stories of national and international importance
- Providing high-level input and insight to senior executives to help determine TMG's political strategy
- Managing a team of reporters to ensure high quality output across TMG platforms, seven days a week; developing and identifying future talent
- Playing a key role in helping to develop TMG's future digital offering
- Generating ideas, commissioning, editing, publishing and writing interesting and well-informed content across politics, optimised for both online and print publication
- Responding to breaking news and planning coverage of future events and longer term projects
Specific requirements / skills
- Experience in a senior editorial role developing political content in a newspaper, newswire, broadcast or digital environment
- Proven ability to break stories of national and international importance
- Experience in managing and overseeing a team of journalists
- Adept at working in high-pressure environment and producing high quality copy to tight deadlines
- Knowledge and experience of digital publishing, analytics, SEO and social media for engaging and retaining a wider audience
- Extensive experience of planning and producing agenda-setting content across all platforms, including editing and reviewing the content produced by others
Click 'Apply' now.