PA Consulting Group, PR Manager - 6 Month FTC
PA Consulting Group is looking for an experienced PR Manager to raise the profile of PA’s consultants in national, specialist and broadcast media across all of PA’s sectors and services.
- commented on key business issues facing private and public sector organisations across leading broadcast, national and trade media
- supported its clients to produce innovative ideas and brining technology to market through PA’s dedicated Technology and Innovation Centre based in Cambridge
- been at the forefront of the provision of adult social care for Hampshire Country Council, leading the consortium responsible for delivering telecare services for vulnerable people
- enabled more ambitious futures by delivering innovative products, breakthrough manufacturing processes and new digital experiences
- helped to protect troops’ lives in Afghanistan with an innovative explosive device detection system
- improved healthcare by developing the world’s first pre-filled single use disposable injector
Overview of role
The PR Manager will be based in London and is responsible for the implementation of strategic PR initiatives to build PA’s profile in national, specialist and broadcast media in PA’s target sectors and services in the UK, its largest region of operation. The scope of the role involves some management of European PR managers and agencies.
We are looking for an established PR manager with a minimum of 7 years’ media relations experience and a strong track record in professional services.
They will have experience of using research and thought leadership for PR campaigns and will be able to identify, adapt and write content that will appeal to the media.
We want someone who can influence and inspire confidence at a senior level in PA and comfortably sell ideas to journalists.
They will have strong relationships across the business media and good networking skills to develop new relationships amongst target media. The candidate must be able to critically review content, restructure and produce clear, compelling narrative. They must possess excellent writing skills, Top Down Thinking knowledge and a track record of delivering tangible media results.
The right candidate will be a high energy PR manager who can work to deadlines, multi-task and prioritise their workload. Being a self-starter is vital and they must have the determination, drive and initiative to manage PA’s stakeholders.
We require a candidate with the ability to see the effectiveness of the full communications mix to drive results – including social media, client events and PR.
The purpose of the role is to:
- promote and develop the PA brand through PR opportunities, using PA’s consultants to tell the story and share our vision in the market
- clearly identify and understand the UK PR landscape, its requirements and also PA’s ability to exploit these. Identify key target media journalists in national, trade, online and broadcast media and maintain working relationships with these journalists.
- support the Head of Global PR in working with the sector and service marketing teams and consultants to design, deliver and evaluate a programme of creative, responsive, and news driven PR campaigns. Monitor forward features for opportunities, critically review and edit media proposals, pitch ideas to journalists. Work closely with sector and service marketing managers to deliver PR plans.
- support the Global Head of PR to develop a region-level PR strategy, plan and budget for the UK.
- manage the corporate press office and support the Global Head of PR in managing corporate announcements and crisis PR issues. Monitor media coverage and identify possible issues for PA.
- maintain the UK PR forward planning calendar, identifying any external PR opportunities for each sector and service.
- ensure UK PR materials are available to the business to use for business development activity – this includes ensuring coverage is on the website and shared on social media.
- organise bespoke media training for key consultants on a regular basis. Identify other training needs as appropriate.
- coordinate the global launch of PA’s thought leadership and research and act as a day to day contact for members of the international PR team.
- ensure PA gets value for money from its PR agency relationships in Europe and the US. Manage the formal review process for this.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree level or equivalent
- Recognised /accredited PR/ Communications qualification or similar
- Member of institute of PR (preferable)
Apply by completing the application form below.