Summer 2018 Video Internship, The Wall Street Journal - NY
The Wall Street Journal is seeking undergraduates, recent graduates or graduate students who intend to pursue a career in video journalism.
This is a 10-week, full-time paid internship based in New York. The video intern's primary duties will include producing editorially sound and visually compelling content, as well as publishing and promotion of videos both on the WSJ platform and off-platform.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Strong interest in domestic and international news as well as business and financial news
- News judgement and understanding of quality journalism
- Basic video shooting and editing skills
- Basic understanding of video formats and delivery methods
- Social media savvy
- Great communication and organizational skills
- Ability to perform under deadline pressure
- Ability to collaborate with others in the newsroom
Interns should be self-starters who understand WSJ's growing audience on various platforms. The screening process puts heavy emphasis on experience. Most interns chosen in the past have had prior internships with other large media organizations or experience at a campus news outlet or as a freelancer.
Click 'Apply' now. Applications are due by midnight Eastern time on Nov. 1 and must include a cover letter, resume and up to six work samples that detail the candidate's role in each project. Only finalists will be contacted.