The Sun Online, Digital Tech & Science Editor
Purpose of role:
To lead and develop our digital Technology and Science team, helping to shape editorial direction.
- Lead the Technology and Science team, managing at least one reporter initially
- Deliver agenda-setting exclusives in addition to giving a unique take on all-round stories
- Use analytics and work with the Audience Development team to develop the content strategy in new directions
- Assist the SEO Team with the creation of tech-specific SEO friendly stories
- Work with the e-Commerce Team to advise in the creation of tech-specific SEO friendly stories
- Work with the Social Team to ensure content is optimised for distribution on their platforms
Key Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience of technology and science editing a passion for bringing tech and science to a mass audience.
- Deep understanding of The Sun brand, both print and digital
- Ability to write headlines in Sun style and produce sparkling copy at speed
- Expert knowledge of social media and a good understanding of SEO
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Always takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- A thorough knowledge of the IPSO Code of Conduct, media law and ethical considerations
- Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern
Apply by completing the application form below.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart.
Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week.
They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.