EMPIRE, Online Writer
The world’s best movie brand is looking for an enthusiastic addition to our ranks. A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a hungry film journalist, this is a chance to further develop your skills while working at one of the most prestigious titles in the world.
Working on Empire Online, you’ll take responsibility for Empire’s social media output, write daily news stories and features for the website, pitch content ideas, conduct interviews and write reviews of both films and TV shows. You will also have the opportunity to take part in the award-winning Empire Podcast
What you’ll need:
- An overpowering enthusiasm for film and premium TV. You’ll need to eat, sleep and breathe our world, possessing the kind of in-depth geek knowledge such devotion inspires.
- A deep affection for the Empire brand. You’ll be ecstatic at the prospect of rocking up to Empire towers every morning and raring to get stuck in.
- A flair for writing. You’ll have an aptitude for news and feature writing and a lively prose style that can be adapted to perfectly fit the Empire style.
- The skills of a social media ninja — you’ll know what works, what doesn’t and have great ideas on how to improve and evolve our output.
What will help:
- Video and audio editing skills
- Familiarity with Photoshop
- HTML competence
Send a CV and covering letter by completing the application form below. In a second document, suggest ten online feature ideas, five ways you’d improve the website and write a 200 word news article in the style of Empire Online (including headline), reporting that Aidan Gillen, Shemar Moore, Ann Dowd and Ted Danson have been cast in a Max Rebo Star Wars movie, to be directed by Michelle MacLaren.
Closing date: 27 November.