Sleek Magazine, Editor-in-Chief (Berlin)
- Overall editorial responsibility for a Berlin-based quarterly print and online art and fashion publication with a focus on avant-garde positions, distributed in 35 countries. Develop unique editorial perspective on visual culture.
- Conceptualise and commission multi-format print content, including interviews, features, essays, artist portfolios, photography and fashion editorials as well as bespoke advertorial. Strategise and expand digital and social media presence.
- Lead a team of 12 staff plus circa 50 freelancers per issue. Notable recent features include AA Bronson, Julia Stoschek, Christian Jankowski, Comme des Garcons, Anri Sala, Anne Imhof, Sarah Lucas, and Ian Cheng.
- Lead magazine through production cycle, liaise with Art Directors on production and look.
- With Digital Editor, strategise and drive digital content and social media platforms, develop editorial strategies for Facebook and Instagram with social media editor.
- Client interfacing role, pitch and develop bespoke content (print and digital) for brands including Armani, Fendi, Porsche, VW and Chanel.
- Commission avant-garde, opinionated, experimental art, fashion and cultural content
- Identify and commission interviews and features with leading global protagonists of contemporary art and fashion
- Ensure seamless integration of print, digital and social
- Maintain relationships with clients, assist publisher and sales director with advertorial content creation
- Maintain high-level art/fashion world relationships, maintain and establish global presence.
- Together with the publisher, set goals and conceptualise annual strategy and targets.
- Senior level print editorial experience (commissioning and managing print process), ideally from an independent publishing background
- Deep network of art/fashion connections, willingness to bring network to publication
- Experience in team management
- Pro-active problem solver
- Background in contemporary arts (MA Art history, or equivalent professional experience)
- Native English speaker, German an advantage but not essential
Please send CV highlighting relevant experience to publisher, Christian Bracht, by completing the application form below.