Save the Student, Digital Editor
Save the Student (savethestudent.org) are on the hunt for an experienced and passionate content editor to join our team in East London.
You’ll be working alongside other editors to publish first-class, engaging content to our 2 million monthly readers.
Since 2007 Save the Student has grown to become the UK’s leading student money website. Our mission is to educate and support undergraduate students in making their money go further whilst at university.
Trusted, high quality yet light-hearted content is essential to our ethos, and we pride ourselves on putting students first.
We’re a small but super friendly team, who also happen to be based on a 60ft open-plan yacht moored at Canary Wharf, London!
You will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Being the face of content on the site
- Overall long-term content strategy
- Coming up with fresh and exciting content ideas
- Researching, copywriting &amp; editing informative articles
- Sourcing, editing and placing images within articles
- Editing and proofreading the work of others
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest student finance &amp; consumer news.
Only apply if you:
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in editorial work
- Have experience with online editing
- Are passionate about helping people
- Have a consumer or finance writing background
- Have a good knowledge of pop culture (for youth references/images)
- Have been to university
- Are a stickler about spelling and grammar
- Can meet tight deadlines
- Have a GSOH (at risk of sounding like a lonely hearts ad).
This is a rare opportunity to be at the forefront of creative decisions and be read by millions. If this all sounds up your alley, we want to hear from you!
What to expect at Save the Student:
We’re an experienced and sociable team making digital waves from a 60-foot yacht, safely moored in a vibrant dock just 15 seconds from a DLR station.
Our office motto is “work like a captain, play like a pirate” – but we promise the boat-related puns end there (although probably not).
The office space is open-plan on the first deck, mid-deck is home to a games/TV area, ping-pong table, kitchen and lounge… and then there’s the roof terrace, which comes with some amazing views!
Fridays mean beers, gins & occasionally a Deliveroo lunch, plus every month the whole team takes half a day off to do something fun in London!
Competitive (dependent on experience)
How to apply:
Sound like your dream job? Here’s what you need to do:
- Write 500 words on what makes you the best candidate for this position
- Attach or link to 2 examples of recent work
- Link us to your favourite meme (of all time)
- Attach an up-to-date CV
Send the above by completing the application form below.
Thanks again for your time, we hope to hear from you very soon!