MoneyWeek is the UK’s best-selling financial magazine. Since its launch in 2000, the brand has developed a superb reputation for independence, consumer focus and investment advice.
It offers intelligent, easy-to-read analysis of the financial news, with practical investment advice and tips. MoneyWeek was acquired by Dennis in the summer of 2017.
We are now seeking a new Editor to manage the day-to-day running of the print product. This important role reports to Editor-in-Chief Merryn Somerset-Webb.
As Editor you will be responsible for leading and motivating a talented editorial team to deliver a high standard of editorial excellence week in week out.
You will also need to manage the editorial budget (in conjunction with the Editor-in-chief and Publisher) so you will have a tight grip on all areas of expenditure. This will also include the commissioning of freelance support and managing the commissioning process within the team.
Having a well organised approach, especially with the pressures that a weekly print publication brings, you will enjoy running regular editorial planning meetings and brainstorming sessions to help keep MoneyWeek at the very top of its game.
You will also be involved in and contribute to other areas of magazine publishing such as events, supplements, marketing and brand.
You will have laser sharp intuition about the most important subjects in the world of finance, and the ability to articulate these succinctly, smartly and in brief.
You’ll possess a keen eye for the week’s most interesting, informative and essential financial news with a sophisticated viewpoint about what investors should do to protect and grow wealth. As a highly accomplished journalist you will know exactly how to package together an essential and seamless editorial product.
It’s likely that you’ll have at least ten years impressive experience in journalism, some of which will have been in financial journalism - possibly in newspapers. You may not necessarily have been an editor in a prior role, but management experience is a real must.
At Dennis, we dedicate ourselves to creating brands that people want to work with, and a culture that people want to work in. Some more thoughts for you:
- We’re award winning. Award-winning brands, award-winning teams and a culture that encourages innovation.
- Our Commitment. We’re all very proud to work for the benefit of The Heart of England Forest; founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis. Every employee can plant a tree in their name to be part of our vision and future.
- We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have plenty of great benefits such as 28 days’ holiday, a contributory pension scheme, healthcare cash plan and discounted gym membership.
- We recognise hard work. After five years with Dennis you’ll earn a 6-week paid sabbatical, to spend as you like. And there’s more…
- We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties, or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we guarantee you’ll enjoy Dennis life.
Dennis does not discriminate in any way. We’re only interested in your skills, your talent and your potential. So, if you feel like this role is for you, please click 'Apply' now.