David Ross Education Trust, Marketing and Communications Officer
About the role
The David Ross Education Trust is seeking to appoint an experienced and highly effective Marketing and Communications Officer to join the team.
Working with the Communications Manager and other members of the wider team, the Marketing and Communications Officer is required to play a key role in the delivery of the Trust’s new strategic communications plan, which was developed in August 2017.
This includes leading on key marketing communications projects, from brief through to delivery, in order to deliver the best outcomes for our schools.
Who we are looking for
The desired candidate will be a highly motivated and driven individual who enjoys working as part of a busy communications team, in order to deliver high quality marketing communications that have a clear impact.
You will have proven experience in a broad-ranging marketing communications role, outstanding copywriting skills and a strong grasp of branding, traditional and digital marketing.
Duties will include:
- Developing individual communications plans for schools, with responsibility for their full implementation.
- Delivering high quality marketing collateral for the Trust and all 34 academies, managing the process from brief through to copywriting, design and production.
- Acting as the guardian of the brand, delivering clear guidance for use of the brand as well as templates to be followed.
- Providing advice and guidance to individual academies on their communications collateral, newsletters, prospectuses, adverts etc., and working with academies to develop and produce them.
- Supporting the development of the Trust’s digital profile, across websites, social media and email marketing, working with academies to deliver local-level impact.
- Drafting and delivering high quality and engaging communications projects, news releases and website copy for internal and external audiences.
- Delivering a wide range of marketing communications activities that influence, engage and change behaviours.
- Carrying out a range of other communications tasks to raise the profile of the Trust and its academies.
- Monitoring the impact of marketing communications activities, in-line with the objectives set.
Salary and benefits
- Full time
- 9 months fixed term contract (maternity cover)
- £25,000-£28,000 (pro-rata) depending on experience
About the David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) is a network of 34 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 1,900 staff with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 12,000 young people.
These range from smaller rural primaries with around 50 children, to much larger secondary schools in the centre of urban areas.
In September this year, our brand new through-school, Bobby Moore Academy, opened in the heart of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in Stratford, London.
The inspirational school will eventually educate, engage and inspire 1,560 primary and secondary school children across two sites that will sit alongside the former Olympic stadium.
Working together, with a shared ethos and values, our close-knit family of schools allows students to begin and continue their world-class academic journey throughout primary and secondary school within the David Ross Education Trust.
Watch our film about our Trust here.
Read more about the world-class education on offer through the David Ross Education Trust here.
Complete the application form below to submit your CV and covering letter to by 5pm on Wednesday 17 January 2018.
The David Ross Education Trust is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.