House of Commons, Senior Media and Communications Officer - Select Committees
Contract Type: Fixed term for 12 months, with the possibility of extension or permanency
Hours: Full time / Job Share
To provide strategic media and communications advice, handling and support for a group of select committees, and deliver the best possible coverage in print, broadcast and digital media, including mainstream national, regional and local news; trade, consumer and social media, and to assist in promoting and developing the work of committees overall.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Significant experience in a relevant environment in journalism and/or communications, with strong news sense and an ability to use this to deliver media coverage which supports the committee’s aims.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing, and the ability to persuade and influence at all levels, whilst upholding a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to absorb complex and often technical subject matter quickly and thoroughly and to convey it accurately and in an engaging way
- Annual leave starting at 28 days pro rata
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Child care voucher scheme
- Discounted membership of the in-house gym
Click 'Apply' now.
All applications must be submitted on a House of Commons application form.
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found on the job description, found in the 'Supporting documents' section below.
Closing date: 23:59 on 16 January 2018