Manchester International Festival, Press & PR Director
Manchester International Festival (MIF) is the world’s first festival of original, new work and special events, staged every two years. From 2020, as well as producing a biennial festival, we will also run The Factory, a new state of the art building and producing organisation in the heart of Manchester.
We’re seeking a Press and PR Director to help shape our media and PR strategy and drive the vision of future Festivals and The Factory as we begin the journey to a year-round programme.
You’ll work closely with our Marketing Director and the MIF Executive to build a communications team, create imaginative campaigns and use existing and new media relationships to tell the world about this ambitious organisation and its work.
To apply for this role, please click 'Apply' to visit our website.
- A broad knowledge of the cultural sector combined with an appreciation for and understanding of how to communicate an artistic and creative programme to both the public and key stakeholders
- Broad knowledge of communication fields and how they interact
- Excellent interpersonal skills with people at all levels - confident, persuasive, good negotiating skills
- Excellent writing ability with style adaptable to suit different communications, tools and audiences; ability to take complex information and write clear copy
- Political awareness and understanding, good judgement and decision making and ability to handle sensitive issues effectively
- Creativity and problem solving skills
- Strong networks and contacts within the Media and PR industry
- Ability to deal with a demanding workload and able to switch priorities at short notice. Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Experience in managing budgets
- Knowledge of a diverse range of cultures and traditions, and proven ability to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Enthusiasm for training, mentoring and support of emerging talent
- Specialist knowledge of communication fields - including in-house press office (pro & reactive media relations)
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for a range of arts and culture