MoneySavingExpert.com, Editor - Income, Family & Benefits
Why Join the Team?
MoneySavingExpert.com (MSE) is the UK’s biggest consumer website. It provides millions of users with free, independent, editorially-led information about all things money.
The goal for everyone working at MSE is simple – we’re dedicated to cutting consumer bills and fighting hard for financial justice for everyone. We get around 15m Money Savers to our website every month.
Our weekly email is full of exclusive deals, tricks and MoneySaving guides, all aimed at helping people make the most of their cash. The MSE Forum is a lively and supportive community, with more than 1.5 million users taking part in 3 million discussions ranging from making the most of your credit card to good old-fashioned thrifty budgeting.
In addition, our Cheap Energy Club takes the hard work out of switching energy and saving on energy bills whilst the newly launched Credit Club is a great way of managing an array of financial decisions.
But what really makes MSE stand-out from the crowd is the Editorial Code, which lies at the heart of everything we do. Regardless of your role at MSE, it’s everybody’s job to champion the consumer - and that makes us a truly unique, exciting and rewarding place to work.
If you are inspired by what we do or see yourself as a passionate consumer champion, and have the grit and enthusiasm along with the skills we seek, a career in MSE might just be the right career step you are looking for.
What will you be doing?
- Driving our content on important social issues such as benefits, tax, student issues and how to boost your income on MoneySavingExpert.com’s guides, tools and news services. This includes ensuring our content is always accurate, updated and topical. You will need to be (or become) an expert in these topics.
- Be on top of all latest news and developments in these sectors so we never miss a big story.
- Have ownership of our tone of voice in these channels.
- Ensure all rankings that are editorially chosen are in their correct spot.
- Work with the social, design and SEO team to ensure content is always noticed, findable and good looking.
- Work with the product team to ensure the relevant tools/clubs are always in great shape
- You will be supported by a small team of journalists who you will line manage, exact structure TBC.
- Ensure our content always considers the user experience to ensure it’s as easily readable and digestable as possible.
- Ensure our content always complies with the Editorial Code and always puts the user first.
What do you need to excel in this role?
- Excellent editor of all types of content – features, news, blogs.
- A strong manager and leader.
- A strong understanding of personal finance.
- Deep understanding of how to structure and edit content so it works online.
- Ability to explain complex concepts in simple language, in a manner that empowers the reader to take action.
- Good organisational skills and ability to juggle a large, changeable workload to ensure output is correctly prioritized.
- Track record of challenging and coaching a team of writers to improve overall editorial output.
- Experience working within a strong editorial voice.
- Understanding how to incorporate SEO techniques into well-written, usable content.
Nice to have:
- Experience writing and editing content for mobile devices
- Familiarity with legal issues pertaining to editorial content
- Able to represent MoneySavingExpert.com in external media
Click 'Apply' now.