Hearst, Picture Director - Homes
The Lifestyle publishing division at Hearst Magazines UK is home to some of the world’s most iconic and successful magazine brands including Good Housekeeping, Country Living, ELLE Decoration, Prima, Red and House Beautiful.
We pride ourselves on giving our readers outstanding quality journalism, originality and unforgettable brand experiences all delivered with passion, creativity and expertise.
To work closely with the Creative Directors and Executive Editors to achieve the desired ‘look and feel’ of each title within the Homes Group, working across Country Living, House Beautiful and ELLE Decoration, working to deadlines and overseeing shoot organisation and production.
- Working with the Art team to ensure all pages are consistent with the style of each brand within the Homes Group
- Heading up the organisation of cover shoots – liaising with PRs, top photographers and taking control of all the logistics. Going to the shoot and art directing where necessary
- Devising brilliant, clever visual ideas for features and booking shoots, sourcing props and/or working with models or readers to make this happen
- Building strong relationships with photographers while also scouting for new talent
- To work to and manage a budget. Run the picture desk commissioning system
- Managing the picture team
- To liaise with picture agencies to establish the brief and research their libraries, negotiating ‘free’ or ‘reduced’ search if possible.
The Key Performance Indicators against which you will be measured will be set by your line manager.
- Demonstrable experience working as a Picture Editor / Picture Director
- Ability to develop strong working relationships
- Ability to develop the photography / visual / look of a title to achieve continual circulation success
- Ability to develop a co-operative relationship with rest of the team
- Able to ensure the smooth and highly organised running of Picture Desk where the team are happy and motivated, photography and picture research are planned well in advance, deadlines are met and the department runs within budget.
Click 'Apply' now.