The Walt Disney Company, Senior Communications Manager - 6 Month FTC
We are seeking an experienced Senior Communications Manager to join our team on a six month fixed term basis.
This role will focus on our Healthy Living objectives across EMEA as well as UK projects and would offer a great opportunity for an individual with FMCG experience.
The Senior Communications Manager will:
- Drive UK and EMEA consumer/trade communications, plans and strategy around Disney’s Healthy Living Commitment. Be the key day-to-day point of contact for communications alongside select Franchise and key UK projects such as Disney Junior and the media VIP Club. Create annual integrated plans supporting the business goals, and manage a matrix team on implementation.
- Within this, drive impactful UK media coverage across both traditional and social media, and influencer engagement as well as internal comms across and agreed franchises, in line with pre-agreed commercial and comms KPIs.
- Be the central point of contact for relevant local PR teams across EMEA for these businesses/initiatives when it comes to strategic counsel, PR campaign materials and campaign planning.
- Work with the Communications Directors and Senior Managers, to manage resource across the team and build a creative, results-driven culture. Create an annual roadmap of activity to ensure campaigns are windowed effectively and prioritised according to business goals and reassess resourcing on a day to day basis to ensure team workloads are balanced.
- Build relationships with the other UK-based Communications teams to maximise synergies and resources tapping into virtual teams on specific projects. Oversee additional projects and campaigns to support the businesses as they arise.
Suitable candidates will ideally possess the following experience:
- Graduate level education preferred with upwards of 10 years PR experience
- Proven track record of successful delivery of media campaigns
- Significant people management experience with ability to mentor and inspire a team to improve skills and achieve results
- International experience useful
- Ability to work in a creative way, with enthusiasm in their approach and the ability to inspire these qualities in the team
- Proven insight, with ability to see the bigger picture and always be thinking about the ‘big idea’ that will take the Communications team to the next level
- Ability to multitask between using their own outstanding written and media relations skills with the day to day quality control of the team to ensure written work, creative ideas and media relations skills are unrivalled to help Disney achieve best results
- A network of contacts with UK media and the ability to continue to build relevant relationships moving forward
- Collaborative, team player, ability to form good relationships with colleagues and third party partners
- Highly discreet and aware of the sensitivities of some information and situations
- Good understanding of the Disney brand and its reception and profile in different markets
Click 'Apply' now.
Right to Work
Please note that all of our UK based roles will require you to have the existing right to work in the UK.