Imbibe, Editorial Assistant
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events business, enhancing the power of face to face through data and digital tools. Every year we run over 500 events in 30 countries, bringing together over 7 million event participants worldwide. With 4000 employees we serve 43 industries in 38 offices around the globe.
Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX Group. RELX Group is a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. The Group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs approximately 30,000 people of whom almost half are in North America.
Imbibe is the UK’s leading publication for on-trade drinks professionals. It includes a quarterly magazine and website, and is part of Imbibe Live, the UK’s largest on-trade drinks exhibition, and the Sommelier Wine Awards (SWA).
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and motivated self starter, who’s interested in pursuing a career as a drinks writer.
You will be a good multitasker, expected to write daily news stories, keep our social media up to date, subedit articles and assist with magazine production.
You’ll need to have a good nose for a story and be a dab hand at writing lively and engaging content for the magazine and website that captures the Imbibe tone.
It’s a buzzy, sociable sector, and the right candidate will enjoy going out to drinks events and launches, meeting people, building contacts and tracking down stories.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Writing: Source and write regular news, features and advertorials for the magazine and website. Manage the Planet Imbibe section of the magazine, which covers bar launches, competitions and industry moves etc.
- Subbing and proofreading: Sub and proofread a high volume of articles for the web and magazine to a consistently high standard. A good eye for detail, and excellent spelling and grammar. A thorough understanding of best practice for online writing and SEO.
- Social media: Leverage web content across social-media channels; engage and grow social-media audiences; maintain a lively Instagram page that reflects the industry launches and events you’ll be attending.
- Events coverage: Represent Imbibe at drinks events, launches and tastings, which may be outside standard office hours, and attend occasional press trips in other parts of the UK and abroad.
- Administrative duties: Assist with tastings; call in images and maintain the image library; keep the competitions, events and jobs sections up-to-date on the website; upload magazine content to the website.
- Drinks industry knowledge: A good knowledge of and contacts in the UK bar scene or global wine industry, would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Computer skills: A good working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, CMS and the main social media platforms. Video editing skills are a plus, but not essential.
If this job sounds like you, please send your CV and cover letter by completing the application form below. Please include your salary expectations.
Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to respond to all applications individually. Therefore, if you are not contacted by the company within the next three weeks, we regret to advise that your application has been unsuccessful.