HuffPost UK, Senior Video Producer
HuffPost is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, video, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged global community for opinion and conversation. The site launched its first international edition in May 2011.
HuffPost is looking for a senior video producer to join the video team out of the London office.
The senior producer will both oversee and contribute to the execution of HuffPost UK’s daily and weekly news coverage. Candidates will have excellent news judgment and demonstrated talent with visual story selection, script writing and story packaging in a fast-paced news environment.
The senior producer is responsible for the energy and ideas that drive the daily agenda. This role entails creating smart, thoughtful and inspiring content, with an emphasis on original video for the brand.
This person will work within the wider UK editorial teams to actively identify opportunities to define Huffpost as a market leading producer of original video, suitable for both on and off site consumption.
Following a mobile first approach, you’ll oversee engaging stories that help create a dynamic homepage, are shared widely on social media and help develop formats for off site publishers like Apple News.
The role requires excellent editorial judgement, strong leadership skills, an absolute understanding of our brand, the ability to spot and execute news and trending video stories, news writing experience, first-class video production skills and a solutions-oriented perspective on all projects we take on.
We need a multi-talented, team-oriented person with a winning attitude and a willingness to lead by example.
The Job (Responsibilities)
- Leading by example when creating and overseeing video in a multimedia, globally-focused environment
- Generating innovative and creative ideas to illustrate topical news stories
- Leading our daily news output from ideas to execution
- Daily and monthly planning of video journalism
- Working with writers to create, edit, and deliver editorial content
- Demonstrable ability to analyse and act on analytics to guide story selection
- Shooting, script-writing, editing, producing and publishing 60 second - 10 min videos
- Operating camera gear, sound recording equipment, lights, studio backgrounds, and other production gear in studio and in the field
- Editorial sign-off on video content
- Ideally 5-7 years' experience in multimedia video production with time spent at a digital news organisation
- Demonstrated leadership skills in high-pressure environment
- Highly skilled visual storyteller
- Ability to write comprehensive scripts and build narratives around compelling visual elements
- Confident and diligent in every step of news production across multiple platforms including the written word and video
- Proven track record of directing impactful journalism and original content across platforms
- Strong experience using Adobe Creative Suite
- Track record of developing and executing strategies to help grow audiences
- Able to guide a project from inception to publishing
- A self-starter, able to pitch and persuade
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously
- Organisational skills in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
Click 'Apply' now.
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for all employees during their employment.
Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process by contacting us at 1-866-772-3182.
Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.