Computeractive, Deputy Editor
This is your chance to play a leading role in the UK's best-selling technology magazine. It will suit anyone who is passionate about technology and wants to communicate that to the public.
We are looking for an outstanding Deputy Editor who has the pride, vision and dedication to produce exceptional features every fortnight.
Backed by significant investment from Dennis, Computeractive is in a great position to continue its market-leading domination of the technology sector.
This job is open to candidates based anywhere, so you don't need to be living in or near London.
It doesn't have to be a full-time role - if part-time suits you better, please let us know.
We’re looking for someone who cares passionately about the written word, to commission, write and edit in-depth, well-researched articles, not 50-word snippets online that are instantly forgotten.
Think quality, not quantity - print journalism that people will pay to read, not clickbait headlines that are free on the web.
Computeractive readers pore over every word in every issue. They keep features for future reference because they trust our advice and respect our integrity. Your well-crafted words will find a willing audience.
It is a huge audience. What you write will be read by up to over 80,000 people every fortnight. You will be writing for the mainstream, so you need a keen populist touch.
You should have an interest in computing and technology. You know how to turn complicated technical jargon into copy that’s easy to understand. Our readers will rely on your jargon-busting expertise.
Highly creative and up for a challenge? Every fortnight you’ll be helping the editor with the cover, suggesting killer lines to make each issue fly off the shelves.
If you want to play a leading role in our success story, we’d love to hear from you.
- We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
- Our Commitment. We’re very proud to work for the benefit of The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of our vision.
- We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership.
- We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime courtesy of us!
- We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.
Dennis does not discriminate. We’re just interested in your skills, your talent and your potential. So if you feel like this role is for you, please press 'Apply' now.