The Sun, Deputy Digital Consumer Editor
Purpose of role:
We are looking for an editor to join our rapidly growing consumer team online. Applications are welcome from experienced news reporters who want to specialise as well as experts.
- Cover breaking news stories, write engaging features, while generating agenda-leading exclusives
- To deputise for the Digital Consumer Editor, acting as head of the team when required
- To commission staff writers/freelancers and edit news stories, features, investigations, campaign content and explainers
Key Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of consumer, personal finance or business topics - and the contact book to back it up
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to deliver vibrant and clean copy to very tight deadlines
- A strong understanding of the Sun Online audience
- Ability to write brilliant headlines in the famous Sun style and produce sparkling copy at speed
- Knowledge of social media, SEO and online publishing
- Experience of editing and commissioning would be favourable
- Enthusiasm, imagination and a notebook full of ideas are all essential
- Being a self-starter is key - and you will need to thrive under the pressure of a busy newsroom
- Have a thorough knowledge of the IPSO Code of Conduct, media law and ethical considerations
- Can demonstrate an understanding of The Sun brand, both print and digital
Apply by completing the application form below.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart.
Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week.
They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.