Inside Soap, Editorial Assistant
Inside Soap is Britain’s soap bible and has been for 25 years. If you love the soaps, you love Inside Soap. And if you love the soaps, can write punchy, thrilling copy, and juggle a big load of admin on the side, then you’ll love working on Inside Soap!
The magazine’s weekly mix of dramatic spoilers, star interviews and witty comment make Inside Soap essential reading for TV viewers. The busy, dedicated team meet a weekly print deadline, as well as producing web and social content.
Reporting to the Features Editor, you will be part of the busy features writing team, as well as ensuring the smooth running of the wider office.
- Carrying out interviews with actors and writing up tight copy in Inside Soap style, as well as compiling other news and comment features.
- Ensuring an ongoing knowledge of the storylines and characters of the major soaps.
- Coming up with creative ideas for the magazine.
- Liaising with press offices and building up a strong working relationship.
- Assisting others on the features desk with research, transcribing and other ad hoc tasks.
- To be the first port of call for readers, dealing with enquiries and complaints.
- Processing winners’ payments and prizes, as well as freelance staff payments.
- Ordering stationery, booking travel and other admin tasks for the wider office.
- Anticipating office needs and preparing appropriately.
- A great knowledge of and passion for soaps is essential. Be prepared to live and breathe big drama all day long.
- Qualifications in journalism or another relevant background.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- An unflappable multi-tasker who can jump from task to task at a moment’s notice.
- Great communication skills and amazing admin skills.
Click 'Apply' now.