Telegraph Media Group, Production Journalist
The Production Journalist should have high-quality production skills and show initiative in their approach to bringing newspaper pages to sign-off.
Working in tandem with our dedicated team at PA, you will prepare pages to be subbed and then review and revise them to ensure that they meet Telegraph standards.
- Provide the necessary skills and experience to serve as a team member in the production of our newsprint products across seven days (on a rota basis).
- Set a high standard of quality in the production of pages, revising work completed by the production team at PA, or individual subbing of stories, headlines or captions, across seven days (on a rota basis) as directed by senior production journalists (SPJs) or the Head of Production.
- Ensure that all deadlines are met with regard to the production of newsprint products.
- Maintain a flexible approach at all times, willing and able to turn a hand to any section of the main paper, the Business or Sport sections.
- Support the senior production team - SPJs or above - by making themselves available for new tasks after completing their existing work.
Specific requirements & skills
- Have a proven track record for accuracy and attention to detail, ideally with back-bench experience.
- Be expert in use of all print-production systems, for words, pictures and graphics.
- Have a flair for the "look" of pages including headlines, captions, graphics and pictures.
- Be capable of re-writing copy and captions to a high standard.
- Show flexibility and willingness to adopt new techniques, streamlining of production processes.
- Be capable of accepting instructions from senior colleagues and translating those instructions into ready-for-sign-off pages, with minimal supervision.
Click 'Apply' now.