Express.co.uk, TV Reporter
Job Type: Casual / Freelance
Hours: Full Time – five shifts a week, a mixture of 7am–3pm, 3-11pm shifts
TV savvy online reporter wanted to join the dynamic editorial team of a fast-growing national newspaper website.
The perfect candidate will be passionate about all things TV and know their mainstream British television shows and soaps inside out, as well as popular US shows such as Game of Thrones and much-loved Netflix series such as Riverdale and The OA.
They will be full of ideas and be ahead of the curve in terms of current hit series and the ones we will be raving about in the weeks and months to come.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a trained digital journalist, with knowledge of SEO and social media to join a fast-paced online newsroom.
- Generate and cover day-to-day TV news, ensuring that the focus is always on the site's most-searchable stories.
- Show an understanding of the websites and ensure a steady flow of content around these names.
- Use your PR and TV contacts to pull in exclusive interviews and news stories that will deliver a richness of content to the site.
- Push content via Facebook and Twitter, in accordance with the digital social media policy
- Optimise stories in accordance with the digital SEO strategy.
- Stay on top of all developments on reality TV and other TV shows covered on the site.
- Able to react quickly to breaking news stories.
- Wherever possible, identify unique headlines and angles for stories covered elsewhere to make content more searchable.
- Write and edit in accordance with digital house style.
- Read all the other competitor sites and form a thorough knowledge of competitors.
- Monitor Twitter for TV content.
Key skills and experience:
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, multitask, forward plan and develop relationships with PRs.
- Experienced digital journalist with familiarity with CMS, Photoshop and Google Analytics.
- Professional understanding of journalism law.
- Attention to detail and developments in the TV world.
If you are interested in this position please e-mail your CV with a covering letter by completing the application form below.