Southerly, Junior Editor
About the role:
Within the role of Junior Editor at Southerly, you will be responsible for brainstorming, creating, and transforming ideas into words for articles, advertisements, publications, and digital platforms.
All content you develop will be delivered on-brief, within specified time frames and of a high standard. This is an exciting time to join Southerly and, for the right person, this role will offer significant career development and the chance to grow.
- Day-to-day editorial work includes the production of long-form articles, blogs, brochure copy, video scripts, social media posts, e-newsletters, infographic copy, and poster copy.
- Create and sub-edit content to a high standard. Demonstrate very strong attention to detail by ensuring work meets the brief and exceeds the clients’ expectations.
- Carry out journalistic-style one-to-one and telephone interviews with client contacts as part of research and development of content.
- Contribute to brainstorms, spot creative opportunities and generate ideas for client work and tenders.
- Work in partnership with the Account Management team to inform briefs, develop project plans and define timeframes for pieces of work.
- Work with designers, illustrators, printers, photographers and production companies to produce creative content.
- Participate in client pitches, meetings and workshops when necessary.
- Participate in the production of Southerly’s marketing initiatives including the blog, social media channels, events, and website content.
- Monitor emerging trends in content marketing practices. Stay current with digital and social media trends best practices and incorporate those learnings.
- Live the Southerly’s vision and values, pursue own professional development and contribute towards a positive team culture.
Key skills and experience:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in an editorial/communications/marketing role.
- Experience in social media and digital content development.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good organisational and time-management skills.
- Degree in marketing, journalism or relevant field.
We’re Southerly, an award-winning content agency that excels at producing engaging, clever and creative communications for our clients, thanks to our in-house team of strategists, writers and designers.
Working with a range of clients including large corporates, tech startups, and UK government agencies, we specialise in employee engagement and communications, employer brand and recruitment marketing, as well as content and social media marketing.
If a career at Southerly sounds like it could be for you, please send your CV, by completing the application form below and you could become part of our story.
Find out more at our website at hellosoutherly.com.