KPMG, Assistant PR Manager - Financial Services
Service Line Information
Corporate Affairs is responsible for the voice, footprint and reputation of the firm. The team have responsibility to create and deliver value for our clients and our people by using our deep experience and expertise across communications both internal and external, our public affairs voice with government and other public bodies and engage our people and our clients in our commitment to corporate responsibly.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
KPMG has a busy press office which manages a wide range of issues. The team works to maximise positive coverage for KPMG, and to deal promptly and effectively with incoming enquiries. The FS assistant manager will work with the senior manager for financial services & corporates to raise and protect the profile of KPMG UK’s financial services team.
- Support all areas of FS with its profile, this includes banking, asset management, insurance and pensions
- Support in drafting press releases, briefing notes and coverage analysis
- Support the firm’s global campaigns by tailoring relevant content for the UK media
- Work with the senior FS PR manager to generate ideas for research and thought leadership that will grow the firm’s reputation in priority areas
- Build a strong network both internally and with relevant journalists in trade and national press
- Support internal stakeholders with social media
- Where the need arises, work with the wider press team to manage firm-wide issues
Skills & Experience
- Some previous experience in FS PR is desirable
- An understanding of, and interest in, financial services and the issues it faces
- A passion for generating coverage and a strong work ethic
- An ability to translate complex issues into meaningful communications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Confidence in dealing with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong team-player willing to build an understating of KPMG’s commercial agenda
- Adheres to the firm’s values
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential.
We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals.
We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies.
Click 'Apply' now.