Executive Producer - Live Journalism, The Wall Street Journal - NY
Live Journalism at The Wall Street Journal connects our audience with newsmakers and big ideas. The Journal is seeking an experienced, news-savvy, creative and organized Executive Producer to join our growing Live Journalism team and create new video series around our famed live events.
From tech conferences to global gatherings of CEOs to our ambitious new Future of Everything project, Journal events gather the world's top leaders and thinkers to share ideas and make news.
The Executive Producer will play a key role in translating those events to our vast digital audience. This does not mean collecting videos of onstage panels—instead, the Executive Producer will figure out how to creatively translate onstage interviews into video and create new series that leverage the people and ideas we convene at Journal events.
Successful candidates will have skills in a variety of areas—writing, research, live video production, shooting and editing. They will also have deep knowledge of business, culture and politics with a track record creating videos and video series from scratch.
Our dream hire is passionate about video interview content and has strong ideas for new video series for publishing across our distribution platforms.
- Oversee video production at our live journalism events and develop series that complement them;
- Assign and oversee teams of shooters, editors and graphics editors; manage shoots on location at events;
- Guide development of new ways to illustrate ideas, processes and concepts;
- Execute on video ideas from pitch to publish;
- Work across video and live journalism teams, as well as with other journalists in the newsroom.
- 5+ years experience working in video journalism or educational video;
- Ability to design surprising formats and conceits for video series;
- Excellent editor of both scripts & video;
- Expert in Adobe Premiere, and proficiency with After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator;
- Comfortable working in new mediums and formats-with a willingness to experiment and a dedication to improving production skills;
- A deep understanding of the online video landscape and proven ability to reach a large audience on Facebook;
- Experience hiring and managing a small team a big plus;
- Strong preference given to those who have experience shooting video and working in live video production;
- Should be flexible with travel and have proven experience of meeting tight deadlines in high-pressure situations.
- WSJ is a collaborative and collegial place, so a positive, open management style isn't just an extra--being a good colleague is a must.
If this sounds like you, please click 'Apply' to send us a resume and cover letter explaining why. In your letter, please include at least three links to your past work video work, highlighting specifically what role you played in the production (journalistic and/or educational examples preferred).
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us via email. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video.
Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).