GingerMay PR, Account Manager
We can offer you the chance to work on fully integrated campaigns, with a great mix of global clients. You will get involved in the strategic planning of accounts and be part of the creative team to really drive campaigns and develop brands, both in the UK and internationally.
Our agency culture is refreshing, with plenty of chances to socialise; from picnics in the park to swapping stories over tapas and fancy dress themed Christmas parties. There’s always a plan afoot, as well as a great work-life balance. We also ensure working hours are adhered to, without the need for evenings spent at the office.
WHY YOU'LL BE SELECTED
- Ability to influence through effective communication
- Good writing and proof reading skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work flexibly and prioritise workload
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Proven experience in executing PR and social media campaigns
- Proven client handling and relationship building skills
As an account manager at GingerMay PR, you are ultimately responsible for driving an account by executing the strategies and activities as detailed by the senior account managers and account directors, ensuring that programmes and objectives are being adhered to and that your accounts are well organised.
Through confidence and understanding of the required media and communication skills you are fully in control of the media tools available in order to create the required media coverage in all PR areas.
Client Delivery and Strategy
- Raising the standard of account management to ensure that all communication with clients – and all outgoing communication from GingerMay – is of the highest quality
- Leading meetings and ensuring the preparation for the meeting is well organised and the account directors or senior account managers are fully briefed beforehand
- Playing a central role in the team and taking full responsibility for your clients and managing any problems
- Developing and maintaining useful and relevant business contacts
- Developing an understanding of financial controls on all accounts, mark-up rules and budgeting procedures
- Taking a key role in presentations to existing clients and at new business pitches
- Participating in new business brainstorms and contributing a creative input in all new business pitches within account team
Media Planning and Execution
- Developing a full understanding of how the media works in the particular areas in which you operate, the opportunities available, and building relationships with journalists etc.
- Drive the media relations programme for clients as laid out in the agreed programme of activity with your senior account manager or account director
- Pro-actively seeking and identifying publicity opportunities to ensure the maximum level of coverage is achieved for your client
- Proactively looking for opportunities to grow the media horizons of the client
- Being competent in all verbal approaches to journalists – consumer, business-to-business and trade – to sell in ideas and discuss opportunities
- Planning and managing events ranging from workshops, photo calls, press conferences, and training days etc. on behalf of clients where required
- Understanding and advising on media handling; including interview briefings, developing Q&As, exclusives, embargoes and damage limitation
- Negotiating major media promotions and advertorials where required
- Alert clients to risky PR situations and provide high-level advice on strategic issues and media handling issues including crisis management
- Identifying and progressing sponsorship opportunities including planning, contractual agreements, and activity organisation
Administration and Proofing
- Writing creative new business proposals with direction from senior account manager or account director, and draft evaluation reports, speeches, and presentations as required
- Drafting and overseeing the drafting of feature copy for trade, corporate, and business publications for clients, ensuring it is well informed and appropriate to the end user with minimal senior manager/director, client or media amends
- Writing coherent and factually accurate press releases that only require exceptional amends from seniors and clients
- Amending and improving press releases, bylines, internal copy for newsletters etc. drafted by account executives or copy writers
- Analysing and commissioning research including surveys and focus groups where required
- As we are a small team, from time to time you may be required to carry out reasonable and relevant tasks that fall outside of your position’s remit
- Within reason, you may be required to work outside of your standard contracted hours to meet the needs of the business
- As part of your ongoing development, you may be required to undertake training to meet the requirements of your role
- You will be required to keep abreast of relevant industry developments, which includes reading blogs, papers, and publications, and attending relevant industry events
- You will be able to travel when required to meet new and existing clients
Apply by completing the application form below.