EngineeringUK, Press Officer
EngineeringUK is expanding its Communications team to drive the delivery of a new strategy to support our ambition to inspire tomorrow’s engineers and increase the talent pipeline into engineering.
This is an exciting time for EngineeringUK and we’re looking for experienced, resourceful marcomms professionals to join us as we develop our brands, programmes and partnerships. If you think your skills and experience are right for the Press Officer role (0.5FTE), we’d love to hear from you.
The Press Officer will deliver a pro-active, high impact and responsive press office, successfully securing coverage and raising the profile of EngineeringUK and its programmes and products.
Reporting to the Head of Communications, you will work with internal and external/agency colleagues to identify ways to maximise media coverage and other profile-raising opportunities and reinforce clear, consistent messaging.
You will play a key role in delivering one of the core pillars of the 2018-23 strategy: establishing EngineeringUK as a recognised, trusted voice and thought leader by government, employers and professional institutions, on the engineering labour market, talent pipeline, and best approaches to engage young people.
- Developing an understanding of and expertise in EngineeringUK programmes and identifying proactive and reactive opportunities to share stories about who we are, what we do and why
- Securing media coverage across all target media
- Writing press releases, reactive statements, news articles and editorial copy
- Supporting agency delivery of national PR campaigns - The Big Bang Fair and Tomorrow’s Engineers Week
- Identifying opportunities and responding to media enquiries
- Developing relationships with trade and vertical media
- Supporting message development and delivery tools
- Briefing and mobilising spokespeople
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting media coverage
Apply by completing the application form below.